Thursday, January 26, 2006

Get Your War On!

Hat-tip Justin at Chicken Yogurt

Warning: Contains rude swearing and strong political satire.
I woke up with a killer migraine at 4.00am. I have eaten so many codeine tablets that I now feel stoned, after throwing the first lot up. I am typing this with sunglasses on in a dark room. I am finally getting comfortably numb after feeling like someone was drilling into my eye for hours. Nonetheless, this made me smile. Now I am going back to bed, am shattered. Think the migraine is related to how depressed I have been for the last week. Crying gives me a headache, so mega-crying might be the trigger for the migraine. Or maybe it is my body's way of getting me to shut up and slow down and stop, for a breather. Either way, thank god for twenty-first centuey painkillers with anti-nausea ingredients. If I had lived in the eighteenth century I would be making a beeline for the laudanum bottle right now. What did we do before strong opiates?

Whinge whinge whinge.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better, Rachel. I am off work with a nasty cold which I have had for the last three days. You need lots of rest and relaxation, which I hope you are getting. And a bit aof morning tv may help. I, personally, have had my fill!

Paul

January 26, 2006 10:41 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks Paul. I have just seen that you are blogging too! I have linked you.

I have not gone into work today because I feel horrible. I think it is a good plan, even though I am worrying about work, but my head is so muzzy I would be no use at my desk or in a meeting. I hope your cold goes away soon.Let's both try and take it easy. x

January 26, 2006 11:17 am  
Blogger Ally said...

Yes, hope you're feeling better!

January 26, 2006 12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acupuncture really helped me; migraines are now much fewer and further between...

January 26, 2006 1:54 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

Get well soon Rachel.

January 26, 2006 9:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was off for a couple of days with a stomach bug and felt bloody awful, but I'm doing ok now.

I hope you feel better soon!!

January 26, 2006 9:25 pm  
Blogger The Great Blandini said...

Does swearing help migraines?

Never had one, but fucking hell, I swear by the healing power of strong language.

January 27, 2006 1:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah god, migraines. I had one last month; lasted 12 hours and none of the anti-nausea stuff worked - everything came back up. In the end, I just let it run its course sans painkillers.

January 27, 2006 9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home