Monday, January 30, 2006

The Magnificent 'Mitch'

Mitch has recently started blogging. He is an astonishingly brave man. Here is his blog biog.

'I am writing this blog six months after a life-changing experience. On July 7th 2005, I boarded a London Underground train from Kings Cross travelling on the Piccadilly Line at around 8:50am. This train never made it's destination as a suicide bomber was in the same carriage as myself and countless others. His bomb was detonated and killed 26 innocent people as well as injuring countless more on the Piccadilly Line train. Other explosions occurred at Edgware Road, Aldgate, and on a bus at Tavistock Square. In total 52 people died and over 700 were injured - including myself (the back of my lower left leg was blown off). I am well on the road to recovery and have started blogging in 2006 as it is one of many things I thought about doing, but kind of left it to one side. No more.'

Friday was a tough day for 'Mitch' who has just returned to work. If any fellow-bloggers want to pop in and check his blog and say hello in the comments, then please do.

Hello also to fellow bloggers Holly, Yorkshire Lass, Steve and Weaselbitch whose blogs are on the side bar and who were also travelling on the Piccadilly line south-bound Kings Cross to Ruseell Square train on 7th July 2005.

Keep on keeping on. Proud to know you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly Finch said...

thanks so much for the 'plug' my dear....had record hits on my blog today!
hope you are doing ok

right behind you on your 'clean skins' post and 'angry young men'...fantastic writing as ever
hugs
hxx

January 31, 2006 8:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your post and the lovely comments Rachel - it is quite emotional seeing my biog up there. Hope you enjoy your trip and HAVE FUN (as if you need to be told that)!!

February 01, 2006 6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home