Friday, March 31, 2006

Sleep

Slept most of the day. No energy at all, none, not even to make a cup of tea. Dozens of emails to answer, piles of admin to do. Couldn't face it, slumped and sucker-punched by tiredness that is bone-deep and heart-felt. I feel very old. The cat has dozed by my bedside all day; sleeping for fifteen hours is normal for her. I have not had the dream since I wrote it down and shared it here. Perhaps that is why I am suddenly so greedy for sleep; I am no longer afraid to dream.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bumble Bee said...

Hey hun, glad to hear you have not had the dream since you shared. Take the time to rest sweetie you need it. Sleep as much as you like and if you need tea give me a call and i'll come make it!!!
Only sweet dreams now xxx

April 01, 2006 10:11 am  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

so good to hear honey...there is no medicine sweeter than sleep xx

April 01, 2006 12:18 pm  
Blogger Ally said...

Good for you. And so nice to have cat-help whilst snoozing! x

April 01, 2006 7:15 pm  
Blogger fjl said...

The recuperative powers of sleep are second to none. x

April 02, 2006 1:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home