Thursday, November 23, 2006

Top 10 Things I would never do...( via Iain Dale)

Quick q...Has anyone changed to the new version of blogger? And if so, did it transfer all the customisations ( blogroll, buttons etc) or not? I'm a bit scared in case I lose it all...

Okay. The equivalent of those re. fwd.FWD. emails, or a cunning way to get a post and some links going? Iain Dale has started a meme, Top 10 Things I Would Never Do and tagged me
So here we go...

10. Be squeamish about vermin. Miff caught a mouse yesterday and brought it into the flat and proceeded to muck about with it for ages. Mouse-in-the-house is a no-no, so I was pleased that she caught it, but endlessly torturing it is also a no-no, so I got it off her - it was pretty much dead but not quite - and finished it off. Plastic bag, *squish*. Yuk. R.I.P mouse.
9. Eat celery. It is solid evil. Bleeurt.
8. Buy the Mail ( see above) . Or the Sun. (Have you seen this? Excellent.)
7. Vote Tory. It's getting harder and harder to vote Labour as well. I will have to be a Lib Dem in protest until the current mob sort themselves out.
6. Stop pointing out that ID cards are a grotesque waste of money and will not stop terrorism.
5.Take any notice of conspiraloons. Please stop sending me drivel that proclaims the World Trade Centre was mined by pixies/lizards/Mossad/the planes that were hijacked on 9/11 were holograms/pods/invisible/ July 7th was a wheeze perpetrated by Tony Blair to get more popular and all the rest of it. *Yawn* Delete/bin.
4. Take any notice of anonymous emails that say things like '' is your novel called i am a sad spiteful twat i cant write and i screw bent cops''. Actually, carry on, if you must; at least it keeps you off the streets and away from impressionable small children or nervous old ladies. It's also hilarious. I am making quite a collection of them and sharing them with interested parties along with your IP address.
3. Have my remains launched into space, or be cryo-genically frozen. I mean, why? You're dead. Deal with it, and spend the money on something nice when you're still about.
2. Support the death penalty in any circumstances.
1. Give up on things or people I believe in.

Right, sorry in advance, for now I have to tag 10 other people...Karol, Glamourpuss, Holly, Yorkshire Lass, Ally, Rachel-Catherine Netherworld, Not Saussure, Kris, Ceridwen Dewi

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I had my blog on Blogger I used to use this to back it up:

http://www.pagesucker.com/

You'd have to reinstate the blog posts by hand if the Blogger Beta changeover went badly but at least you'd have them.

November 23, 2006 10:46 am  
Blogger JonnyB said...

Maybe the World Trade Centre was mined by celery...?

The buttons, blogroll an' all that - keep a saved copy on your HD. (Go into Blogger, edit the template, select and copy all, then paste the whole caboodle into a Word doc).

Or use something like wbloggar (wbloggar.com) which'll help, though it's a bit flaky at the mo.

November 23, 2006 11:19 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

I just changed over and everything came too. To be fair, I (a) didn't realise I was changing over as I did it by mistake and (b) it never occured to me I would lose things -mostly due to (a).

So now that I've been tagged, do I need to do the same thing?

November 23, 2006 12:23 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

yes, you do your own list and then tag a few more bloggers...
( doesn't have to be 10)

November 23, 2006 12:30 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks Rachel. Will do that at lunchtime.

And no, I couldn't tell about the wine. I thought you sounded great (and even better than last time - not that you sounded bad then).

Rx

November 23, 2006 2:13 pm  
Blogger Ally said...

I changed over quite a while ago and it seemed to go un-nervingly smoothly. JonnyB's right about backing up though.

I am now torn between getting on with the meme thingy or starting a novel about the World Trade Centre being mined by lizards.

November 23, 2006 2:17 pm  
Blogger Holly Finch said...

thanks for the kick up the arse tag misses...much needed!

see you later for musical delights
hx

November 23, 2006 3:47 pm  
Blogger kris said...

cheers! and happy thanksgiving :-)

November 23, 2006 7:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, found your blog yesterday (you must be frightfully bored of being told you're inspirational) but...heck... just given up corporate job for whole new life (before I found you ;) - going to start blogging - name's Rachel and live within earshot of old/new Arsenal stadium. Very cool people on your tags today. Thanks for the intro to a whole new world. How will I now get anything else done?....

November 24, 2006 12:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bit girly but I spose that is to be expected .the last one tested my constitution a bit

November 24, 2006 5:27 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

If you think it's girlie, blame Iain Dale. He started it.

:-)

November 24, 2006 5:34 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag. Changing to beta is, well, a weeny bit rocketsciency. You are not a group blog so you can do it. When I changed, Ceri was still technically a contributer although still AWOL in the Pyrennies so I messed it all up. That left me with a load of old and new blogs to manage which I'm slowly sorting out. The beta version is a bit like Wordpress and worth the pain but as you have so many links take some good nerdy advice before you change.

November 25, 2006 3:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home