Sunday, January 28, 2007

Still fully booked

Blogging will recommence in February. Every minute I have is now spent on the book as I approach Deadline Crunch ( January 31st). The print production schedule is very tight. After submitting the MS, there will be a frenzy of editing. Then I'm going to grab a quick break in Amsterdam with J, and hopefully go and stay with Holly who is moving abroad for three months after a gruelling battle getting off the anti-depressants she was prescribed for PTSD after July 7th. Please go and say hello to her, she is an inspiration, and she is going through it at the moment.

Wedding preparations are squeezed in during odd fifteen minute breaks. And only things that I absolutely have to do, like confirming venues and getting invites printed and designed. I have no life at all at the moment, no down-time. It is pretty shattering and I look like shit, white-faced with black rings under my eyes like a panda. Never mind, hopefully it will all be worth it. Only a few more days of this insanity to go.

Thanks to everyone who has written with emails and comment about the back-up/losing 8000 words of the book problems, and the other stuff that I don't/can't/won't talk about here. I appreciate you all, hugely. If I haven't got back to you and thanked you personally yet, please forgive me. I have not been able to keep on top of everything because of the pace of trying to get the final 30,000 words done by Wednesday. I am really sorry about that. Back soon.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aye, you go, girl. The end is in sight, and then it will be spring. Much love.

January 28, 2007 2:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach all the best.You are an inspiration the way you keep going in the face of a nightmare Its Shelley's birthday tomorrow. She would have been celebrating her 28th birthday if she hadnt been murdered on 7/7

January 28, 2007 7:21 pm  
Blogger Lucid Glow said...

I miss your words already. :-)

January 28, 2007 8:20 pm  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

All good wishes, Rachel...you are nearly there.

January 28, 2007 8:45 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

Keep at it Rachel as you are doing great :).

January 28, 2007 10:45 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Good luck Rachel. Still thinking of you. xx

January 28, 2007 11:31 pm  
Blogger ejh said...

As far as deadlines are concerned, I remember some story about a first-time writer who was hurrying their MS to the publisher to get it in for the deadline. When they got to the office somebody else was also handing over their MS - seventeen years late.

Watch out for editors who sit on your MS for months and then ask you to read and correct the proofs five days before the print deadline. This happened to me.

Editors, don't talk to me about editors....

January 29, 2007 8:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have probably had some good news on the fruitcake front. Can't be entirely clear, because the cake in question has redefined the literary device of the 'unreliable narrator'. So here's hoping that in amongst all the deadline stress there was some cause for relief/celebration.

January 30, 2007 7:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um. Should have been

"Can't be entirely sure"

back there.

January 30, 2007 7:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home