Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Good news!

A few days ago I told you about Annabel ( not her real name) , one of this blog's readers who had been in contact with me to tell me that she was in the midst of a rape trial. We have been emailing each other and I asked blog readers to send her their prayers and good wishes. I've just heard that the jury returned a unaminous guilty verdict. Sentencing will be in a few weeks, once pre-sentencing reports have been carried out.

Annabel deserves huge praise and thanks for her bravery and determination in bringing this rapist to justice. As well as attacking Annabel, the rapist had in the past attacked other people, one of whom was a child.

If you want to pass on a message to Annabel you can send me an email and I will pass it on, or leave a comment below. Thank you Annabel and I hope that you are able to take some time out to feel justifiably proud for the great service you have done society - all of us. And thanks to all the dedicated people who helped Annabel; the police, the hospital and medical staff and the Witness services volunteer, whom Annabel tells me have been 'fantastic' and given her 'amazing support'.

It is good to know that justice can be done. Well done Annabel, you complete star.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Annabel. I hope you have a well deserved rest.

February 13, 2007 5:35 pm  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Very heartening news. I hope she can begin to put the trauma behind her now.

Puss

February 13, 2007 9:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please send my love to Annabel. This must have been a terrible experience and I hope she is now able to start rebuilding her life.

February 13, 2007 10:08 pm  
Blogger kris said...

Dear Annabel

I admire you. Well done for having the courage and strength to see the case through.

And now, I wish you peace.

February 13, 2007 10:09 pm  
Blogger Philip said...

Thanks for that. Good to know that things go right once in a while.

February 14, 2007 10:09 am  
Blogger Clare said...

Thanks for that Rachel and I hope Annabel is now able to start getting on with her life again.

February 14, 2007 8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home