Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hello

( sorry ladies, wedding pic temporarily removed in the light of recent threats from stalker)
Hello, I am back after getting married, dealing with the media storm in the aftermath of the Crevice trial, campaigning for an independent inquiry into 7/7 and yes, finally, being on honeymoon.

We went to the Turtle Nest Inn in Grand Cayman, discovered by googling to be ranked in the top 3 hidden gems of the world by two independent traveller websites. It comes massively recommended by me and J ( especially now the US dollar is so cheap!) We had a wonderfully spacious, well-equipped condo on the beach, we snorkled several times a day and saw huge parrot fish, trigger fish, eagle rays, Southern sting rays, wrasse, grouper, lobsters and five feet barracudas and bone fish. We bought ourselves food locally and cooked in the apartment, mostly, read lots of books and got disgustingly brown. The highlight of the holiday was a trip to Stingray city, when you can snorkel with dozens of extremely friendly Southern stingrays, an experience voted the best snorkelling trip in the world - well, it certainly ranked as my best swim ever!
Married life agrees with me and J and I are immensely happy. Thank you so much for all the wonderful cards, presents, emails and texts. I am slowly replying and apologies if you have not heard back from us yet. Now that I am back, I am up to my ears in commitments (and on deadlines galore), but I am going to blog for a bit for the next hour as there's quite a lot going on that I want to write about!...

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger zoe said...

what a beautiful photograph, rachel - you look so happy and absolutely stunning.

once again, congratulations to you and J.

xx

May 23, 2007 2:24 pm  
Blogger Peach said...

Welcome back, congratulations and could we have some more wedding photos maybe ?? You look lovely...

May 23, 2007 2:29 pm  
Blogger thegirl said...

My dear, you look wonderful.

So glad you got to enjoy some well-deserved time off finally!

Congratulations again.
x

May 23, 2007 2:38 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you! It was the happiest day of my life which is why I look so cheerful.

I am keeping the rest of the wedding photos private, J especially doesn't want to be on the blog but I thought I'd better put one up of the frock as I know I would be in trouble with several lady readers if I failed to do so!


Good to be back, all very manic, am now writing speech for a POLIS seminar at the LSE tonight!

May 23, 2007 2:45 pm  
Blogger Tina - omme i London said...

Your honeymoon sounds heavenly - and just how honeymoons should be. Thanks for the pic Rachel. You look stunning!

May 23, 2007 11:04 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Glad that you had a fabulous day and honeymoon. Also glad that you're both home safely.

May 23, 2007 11:10 pm  
Blogger TryingTimes said...

R,

Congratulations on your marriage; it seems to be a stunning dress and you look radiant.

Hope you are easing yourself back in to things and being sensible.


TT.

May 24, 2007 8:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both had a wonderful time. Good to see you back relaxed and happy.

May 24, 2007 8:06 am  
Blogger Graham the Funky Aardvark said...

Wow! J is one lucky guy - and that is one amazing dress - it really does you proud

Well done, best wishes to you both

Graham

May 24, 2007 5:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture! I hope you and J have a long and happy life together!

May 24, 2007 7:21 pm  
Blogger Gavin said...

Beautiful picture, you look fantastic! All the best to both of you.

May 24, 2007 9:56 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

Thanks for sharing a picture with us Rachel. You look so happy and I love the dress :).

May 24, 2007 11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home