Tuesday, June 12, 2007

PTSD study request

Passing this on as I know quite a few people who have been through PTSD or who still suffer from it read this blog....

Dr Matthew Whalley and a team at University College London are looking for volunteers to help complete a study into the effects of trauma and depression on memory. The team are testing a theory of memory function in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and the study involves writing about a traumatic or upsetting experience, and then having an MRI scan to measure your brain activity while you complete a simple memory task. They are looking for three groups ofvolunteers:

1) Participants who currently suffer from PTSD
2) Participants who are currently depressed
3) Participants who survived a traumatic event but who did not develop PTSD.

If you meet any of these criteria and would be willing to travel to central London to take part in the study please contact Dr Matthew Whalley on m.whalley@ucl.ac.uk or 020 7679 5365. Volunteers are paid for their participation. For more information about the study see: http://tinyurl.com/y529sr

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger David Mackinder said...

I just looked at the UCL site, with a view to volunteering, but it seems that, being left-handed, I don't qualify. I assume there's some scientific reason why they want right-handers, but I can't help feeling we 'sinisters' are being discriminated against.

June 12, 2007 6:33 pm  
Blogger Charles Edward Frith said...

Hello Rachel. I've just listened to you on the radio. It struck me that maybe you've been caught between a rock and a hard place. I felt sympathetic so I dropped by to say hello!

June 13, 2007 12:18 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Not sure why it is right handed only, funny. Thanks Charles for dropping in. It has been a peculiar 2 years but it seems to be settling down now, thank God. I am quite keen to lead a blamelessly boring life from now on.

June 16, 2007 4:16 pm  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

Well Im righthanded have suffered all the criteria so thanks for posting the link up Rachel. Maybe I can see what my brain looks like

regards Henry

June 17, 2007 3:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home