Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas Carols 6/12 Trafalgar Square

Oooh....just seen this.
Thursday 6 December at 6.30pm: Lighting of the Christmas Tree in Trafalgar Square
From 6pm come and join the Choir of St Martin-in-the-Fields to sing carols around the tree, the gift to London from the Norwegian people.


Anyone fancy it?

Drop me an email or leave a comment if you feel like a righteous night out. In previous years we have had great fun holding illegal carol services in Parliament Square to protest against the daft SOCPA laws; this year, in the absence of organised sedition I will be under the big tree shouting my head off instead. Entirely legally.

(If anyone wants to organise an illegal SOCPA-busting effort again, then shout, and I'll bowl up to that as well. )

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

You know I'd love to come...

I love singing carols

December 03, 2007 9:50 pm  
Blogger Graham the Funky Aardvark said...

Darn it... work :(

Oh well, I need to drive the trains that people use to get to carol singing.... so... not all bad

Have a great time

May your Christmas be good

December 04, 2007 3:20 pm  
Blogger Andy Ramblings said...

I'll just be on my way home then from the office. I hope it goes well.

December 04, 2007 9:14 pm  
Blogger the void said...

hi Rachel :)

December 05, 2007 3:34 pm  
Blogger SpanishGoth said...

Oh BUM.

I would have come but it's my mum's birthday.

Her present? Me getting my hair cut.... go figure

December 05, 2007 10:43 pm  
Blogger The Poet Laura-eate said...

Trouble is St Martin-In-The-Fields is covered in all that ghastly scaffolding!

Kinda destroys the romance of the idea (not to mention hardly any room to stand round the tree!). And isn't that brave modern block round the back too ghastly for words? Looks like an uber-prison block they've tacked on there.

December 06, 2007 4:44 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

It sounds lovely, I hope you went and enjoyed yourself.

December 07, 2007 5:50 pm  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

http://henrynorthlondon.blogspot.com/2007/12/tasers-for-metropolitan-police-force.html


Bad news Rachel...

You better blog about it too

Its not good

December 10, 2007 2:43 am  
Blogger Michele Boselli said...

hi Rachel, just given you a link - link me back if you wish.

PS - ciao Ellee, thanks again!

December 10, 2007 12:25 pm  
Blogger flyingrodent said...

Hi Rachel, just watched you in Taking Liberties. Well said.

December 16, 2007 12:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home