Friday, May 09, 2008

The genius Matthew Norman on Bill and Hill

Today only a bullet, silver or otherwise, can save her. That or video footage, from the director of Max Mosley: The Movie, of Obama being led around a Chicago dungeon on a dog collar by a PVC catsuit-clad Abu Hamza while being fed the entrails of white babies by the Rev Jeremiah Wright and shrilly insisting that 9/11 was the work of Mossad.

Assassination or epochal scandal apart, she has lost and even Bill knows it. Standing behind her on the dais, his face a shade of crimson to make Alex Ferguson on Claret Night look like Lilith Crane after a talc factory explosion, he could barely dredge up the wounded boxer's defiant grin when she lurched briefly into valedictory mode, and pledged to support the Democratic candidate to the full.

Enjoy

I ended up shouting at the television again. I so want Obama to win that it almost makes me want to cry and throw things when I see Hillary manically grinning and Bill standing next to her like a glazed ham in the butcher's window with a punch-drunk face drawn on it. But I like Matthew's description better.

Matthew won the Press Awards Columnist of the Year 2008 and it couldn't have been awarded to a nicer, more generous, wickedly funny man.

6 Comments:

Blogger DAVE BONES said...

I feel exactly the same way. I prefer McCain to Hillary. Having Anne Coulter come out for her says it all.

May 10, 2008 2:55 am  
Blogger Phil said...

Lol, I didn't realise that was the case. Maybe Clinton's promised her the White House press secretary's job or something.

May 11, 2008 12:01 pm  
Blogger Kris said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAKvWa8or88&feature=related

57 states? A "McCain" moment, dear? lol.

I await with interest Obama's stand on - anything. "Hope and Change" are not substantive policies.

May 11, 2008 12:06 pm  
Blogger JM said...

I voted for Obama and I'm 100% behind him still. Hillary Clinton is a smart lady but I do not particularly want her to be president. Yet when I hear the media making fun of Hillary I cannot push away the uncomfortable feeling that the trashtalking could be directed at any woman running for president and not just her.

Once again an american woman with power fighting for what she wants becomes The Ultimate Crazy Mega Bitch.

It makes me sad.

May 12, 2008 6:33 pm  
Blogger Gridlock said...

If you'd rather vote for McCain than Obama then I'd question your understanding of politics, political parties and the Republicans.

Any of the 3 is the candidate of corporations first, but at least Obama is smart and not a Clinton. Dynastic succession is a bad precedent, if that wasn't already obvious. At this point HRC's just in it to recoup their investment though, barring any shenanigans, so it does look like Obama.

What's next? VP picks... McCain Huckabee '08!

May 14, 2008 10:01 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

It makes me sad about the misogyny thrown at Hilary too, and I'd prefer her over McCain, though I'm pleased he is the Republican candidate,

but she is just WRONG.

May 15, 2008 10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home